You can manually force an update using Help → Check for Updates. You can turn off automatic update checks using Window → Preferences → Install/Update → Automatic Updates (find the Preferences window in the TextGridLab menu on MacOS).
If you wish to only update a specific tool, open the Installation Details dialog as described in the following section, select the tool on the Installed Software page and click Update.
You can remove tools you no longer need from your TextGridLab installation by way of the installation detail dialog:
- Open the About TextGridLab dialog from the Help menu (or the TextGridLab menu on Mac OS)
- Click the Installation Details button to open the corresponding dialog
- On the Installed Software page, select the tool(s) you wish to uninstall and click the Uninstall button.
- The uninstall wizard will list everything to be uninstalled. Click Finish.
- After uninstallation, you should restart the TextGridLab as recommended.
Note that you cannot remove tools that are TextGridLab base components or that other tools depend on.
Background: Update Sites