- Select a target Project into which the files should be imported in the drop down menu at the bottom of the tool.
- Drag files or folders from the file management application of your operating system to the list in the Import Tool’s list. Alternatively Tool. As an alternative to dragging and dropping, click “Add” on the top of the Import View to replenish the list below with a file. Use the “Remove” button to take out remove a file from the list.
- The Import Tool suggests a content type, Object title, and rewrite method. You can modify the proposed title, content type or rewrite method of an entry by directly clicking the appropriate entry in the table, or adjust additional metadata by selecting an entry in the list and using the Metadata Editor.
- Click “Import” to finish. After the import has finished, a result screen lists every file that you tried to import together with messages of warning, error or successwill list all files that were imported, along with confirmation or warning and error messages if the import was unsuccessful.
- You can optionally save the import specification (that this is the list of original file names imported together with their associated TextGrid URIs and rewriting methods) in order to make it simple to re-export the same set of Objects later. The import specification can be saved as a TextGrid file or as a local file. Use the buttons at the bottom of the view.