This page is obsolete
This page has been replaced with this wiki's new Main Page – please do not use it any longer. It's only here to keep the version history.
TextGrid – Virtual Research Environment for the Humanities
The joint project TextGrid aims to support access to and exchange of data in the arts and humanities by means of modern information technology (the grid). In 2006 development began on a web-based platform, one which will provide services and tools for researchers for analysis of text data in various digital archives - independently of data format, location and software.
TextGrid serves as a virtual research environment for philologists, linguists, musicologists and art historians. As a single point of entry to the virtual research environment, TextGridLab provides integrated access to specialized tools, services and content. TextGridRep is a long-term archive for research data in the humanities embedded in a grid infrastructure, which will ensure availability and access to its research data as well as interoperability. The joint research project TextGrid is part of the D-Grid initiative, and is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) for the period starting June 1, 2009 to May 31, 2012 (reference number: 01UG0901A).
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us:
Technical Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
User Support and Feedback: email@example.com
IRC Channel: #textgrid
Bug reports and feature requests may be created and monitored through our issue tracker JIRA.
This documentation is work in progress and is scheduled to be finished in May 2012.
Download Software and Sources
Client Software: TextGridLab
- Current stable version: 1.0.1 - Revision 11114 (2011-09-12)
- Current beta version: December 2011 - Revision 11641 (2011-12-07)
Sources: Subversion Repository
- All Sources including the Backend (TextGridRep and Services) are available from our Subversion Repository. License of sources is mostly LGPL3 (Open Source).
Concepts and Keywords
- TextGrid URIs
- Persistent Identifier (Handles)
- TextGrid Sandbox
- TextGrid Metadata
- Metadata SchemaTextGrid Metadata Schema
TODO: Copy & Paste from R1.2.1 Chapter 2
- Used technologies
- Used formats
- Used frameworks, bibs, server, apps, etc.
- The Logical View
- Project and Aggregation
- Object Types: Item, Edition, Work and Collection
- The Physical View
- Search Index and Baseline Encoding
- The Three Pillars of TextGrid
- Rights Management Issues and Publication
Frontend: TextGrid Laboratory and Tools
TextGridLab in General
- XML Editor
- Text Image Link Editor
- Dictionary Search Tool
- TG-search GUI
- TG-publish GUI
- SADE Publish Tool
Backend: TextGrid Repository and Middleware Services
TEXTvre/TextGrid Virtual Disc Image
HOWTOS for Developer
- TODO: Developers' Tutorial (a bit out of date... August 3rd, 2009)
Source Code Repository (Subversion): http://develop.sub.uni-goettingen.de/repos/textgrid/
- CI Server TG-rep (Jenkins): https://ci.bibforge.org/hudson/view/TextGrid/
- CI Server TG-lab (Jenkins): http://dev.digital-humanities.de/ci/view/TextGridLab/
- Issue Tracker (JIRA): https://jira.bibforge.org/jira/browse/TG