A typical case for using the Unicode Character Table would be to insert special characters, e.g. Σ (u+2211) in an XML document. One example of how to insert a Unicode character "Σ" into an XML document is described below:
- Open the XML Editor Perspective in the TextGridLab.
- Double-click the selected XML document in the Navigator to open it.
- Click or double-click the hidden tab “Unicode Character Table” next to the Navigator and Metadata Editor to open the Unicode Character Table View.
- Place the mouse pointer in the XML document where the special character is needed.
- Select Σ from the table with mathematical operators and click “Insert”.
- Σ will be added to the XML document.