The Palette includes a range of icons divided into four units.
- Control Group: With the “Select” tool X it is possible to go to any position in the note sheet.
- Create Score Declarations: “Staffgroup”: creates a new group of bracketed or braced right hand and left hand staves. “StaffDef”: creates a new staff definition, i.e. a container for staff meta-information which includes meta-information about the clef’s pitch, the key signature, the label (right hand or left hand), the time signature.
- Create Containers: “Section”, “Measure”, “Staff” and “Layer”: create new containers in the note sheet which are themselves able to contain other data types. All comprised data in a container result in a meaningful whole.
- Create Events: “Note”, “Rest”, “Beam (group)”, “Chord (group)”: this unity contains the minimum unit of elements which can be created within a musical score in the Score View.
- Create Variants: “Apparatus” / “Reading”: enable the encoding of variants, a specialty of the editor for musicological use.
For further details please see (Verweise!)